Frequently Asked Questions


<< Back to Frequently Asked Questions

Annual Taxation Requirements for a Foreign-Owned Sole Member LLC

Before the 15th of April every year, each foreign-owned single member LLC is required to:

  • File Form 5472 if there have been any “reportable transactions” during the previous tax year (Formation and dissolution filings are considered to be reportable transactions)
  • File pro forma Form 1120

Note: the IRS treats each foreign-owned disregarded LLC as a separate entity. That means that if one foreign person owns more than one LLC, they must report each LLC separately. (And if they don’t, each LLC is fined separately.)