Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Certificate of Formation?
The Certificate of Formation is the document that you receive once your LLC is filed and approved by the Delaware Secretary of State, Division of Corporations.
The Certificate of Formation contains the following information:
- Date Filed
- SR Number
- File Number (your company number)
- Name of the Delaware LLC
- The Address of the Registered Office
- The Name and Address of the Registered Agent
- The Name of the Person Forming the Company (or agent)
- The Signature of the Person Forming the Company (or agent)
The ownership, management and operation of the LLC is set forth in the Operating Agreement of the Company. The Operating Agreement is not required to be filed with the State and therefor can be changed at any time without paying a fee to file an amendment.
The Certificate of Formation is provided as an electronic document only.