Frequently Asked Questions
What is an EIN Used For?
An EIN is used to uniquely identify your business with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Other uses for your EIN are as follows:
- To identify your business with US Customs if you wish to import or export something (Your EIN automatically becomes the importer number for US Customs).
- Virtually all banks and financial institutions will also need the EIN of the company before they will agree to open an account for you.
- Amazon, eBay and other online platforms will require your EIN before they start accepting business from your company.
- You will need your EIN when you hire employees.
- Government tender websites will also require your businesses EIN.
- Credit card processors will need the EIN of your company.
- You will need to show your EIN when you file your corporate taxes (even if zero revenue that year).