Frequently Asked Questions
Name Availability Check
<< Back to Frequently Asked Questions
Restrictions on Naming your Company
- Your name cannot include words that could confuse your LLC or INC with a government agency (FBI, Treasury, State Department, etc.).
- LLCs must include the phrase “limited liability company” or one of its abbreviations (LLC or L.L.C.).
- LLCs may not use bank, university or college without additional approvals and/or permits from the respective State or Federal agency/department.
- LLCs may not include Corporation, Corp., Incorporated or Inc in their name.
- INCs (corporations) may not use the words bank, university or college, without additional approvals and/or permits from the respective State or Federal agency/department.
- INCs (corporations) may not include the word trust.