Frequently Asked Questions
Name Availability Check
What Information Can Be Searched
Before registering your company you must check if the name is available or not. If the name is already taken you can also look up this information:
- Date of Formation
Secretary of State File Number
- Entity Kind – Corporation, Limited Liability Company, etc.
- Entity Type such as general (most businesses), bank, closed corp, DISC corp, professional association, general partnership, regulated investment corp, LLC, LLC, non-profit or religious.
- Status – Good standing means all reports and filing fees are up to date.
- Residency – Domestic or Foreign (Difference between a Domestic or Foreign entity.
- Registered Agent’s information