Frequently Asked Questions
Will PayPal work with my US Bank Account?
We can confirm accounts from almost all US banks and credit unions.
Here are some common issues you might encounter when linking a bank account:
- The bank account must be a U.S. bank.
- The name on the bank account must match the name on the PayPal account.
- The bank account can’t be linked to more than one account at a time. Try removing the bank account from the PayPal account it’s currently linked to. There is help if you forgot your login details.
- The bank account has been linked to 3 PayPal accounts (in total) in the past. A bank account cannot be linked to any more than 3 PayPal accounts over its lifetime.
- The bank account is already active on a PayPal account that has a limitation or a balance below zero.
You can add a bank account to one PayPal account at a time. However, if approved, you may be able to add it to a second PayPal account. You will be informed when linking the bank to the second PayPal account if you have been approved.